Accurate ITAM and SAM Tools | Implementation or Recalibration
Asset management programs can be effective for monitoring and reporting analytics on product use, ownership and license compliance, optimization and audit defense. An optimal implementation and process yields critical information for management, governance and financial forecasting.
The foundation for effective asset management is a complete and accurate capture of asset inventory and environment. Building on that are processes to manage transactions across the technology lifecycle and reporting.
BLC can assist during asset management system implementation or as a recalibration to data in existing systems by developing a comprehensive footprint analysis that provides a clear and complete picture of the environment, utilization, licenses and commitments, including:
- Assets, licenses and configuration data
- Agreements, entitlements, allocation
- Mapping equipment and software on the network and in storage
- Deployment patterns, including upgrade and adoption patterns
- Technology utilization and license compliance
- Configuration standards and governance
- Cross-platform licensing implications, license ownership records
Process Development for Ongoing Asset Management
Accurate and complete data sets the foundation for asset management, and clear, well documented processes to update the SAM or ITAM tool supports data integrity.
We utilize best practices for process development while recognizing the unique needs of each of our clients. The processes and procedures we co-create are unique and responsive to each organization’s needs.
Asset Management Reporting for Governance, Compliance and Opportunities
Asset management systems hold a wealth of information that can yield insights and provide a strategic advantage. BLC supports report development across multiple aspects and perspectives:
- Key metrics for determining ROI, full costs, benchmarking and performance
- Streamlining opportunities
- Forecasting, budgeting and financial modeling
- Asset ownership transparency
- Forecasting and Budgeting
Compliance & Risk Management
- Software license compliance quantification
- Supporting documentation for software audit defense
- A complete inventory supports the ability to monitor security threats
- Understanding where there are over or under-deployments is critical for an optimized environment, controlling costs and achieving the initial goals of outsourcing
- Asset monitoring can identify contract negotiation leverage through opportunities to standardize or right-size license quantities